Advanced Search

Knife number two, three and four!

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Knife number two, three and four!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Here are three knives from ESEE. They are from the top down: the ESEE-6 with exquisite Honduran Rosewood Burl museum grade wood scales. A small problem is that my house is so dry that there is a wood check on one slab. Someone with skills that I know I lack, can probably fix it so the crack is almost invisible. If both scales were perfect the price for this would be higher, as it is it will be desirable.
    The second knife down is the 600 pound gorilla from ESEE the model 5 with Madagascar Black Ebony handle. This beast was designed to help downed helicopter pilots to escape fro their downed craft…believe me, it is more than capable of doing so. It is as sharp as sharp can be with a healthy 22 degree per side angled edge of 1095 tool steel. Carry it in your pack when you are off into the hinterlands or in your truck/car with assurance that when you need it, the ESEE-5 will not fail you. If you need a pry bar that does double duty, this is it.
    Thirdly there is the ESEE-4 the most useful knife I know for camp chores, skinning out game or any cutting job. The scales on this are made from fantastically marked Bird’s Eye Maple Burl. Again 1095 steel that takes and holds an edge of ghastly sharpness.
    All three of these will come to you with their original scales and sheaths should you need them.

Here is a shot of the crack in the rosewood handle. See what you think. I would buy more rosewood to have a new scale made but it is not allowed to be shipped out of the United States. If you live there you could buy a new piece. You may actually be able to glue and clamp it so it is not bad.

PM me if you are interested and we will set a mutually agreeable price for any or all three knives. If you want me to post more pictures of these knives let me know.

Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’ve handled the top and bottom knives and I can attest that they are in fact beautiful blades with beautiful handles. A ways back I sharpened them in a comparison of the Shapton and Chosera stones.

-Clay

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

I’ve handled the top and bottom knives and I can attest that they are in fact beautiful blades with beautiful handles. A ways back I sharpened them in a comparison of the Shapton and Chosera stones.

Thanks very much Clay! I have some pictures of those two knives taken by Clay after he had sharpened them, but first here is a shot of the ESEE-5, the Brute with its heavy duty blade and grip.

Next is the ESEE-6 with the Rosewood scales

and then the excellent ESEE-4 with it museum grade Bird’s Eye Maple Burl

Take a good look at the edges Clay rendered on these two blades. The big old brute I sharpened.

Cheers
    Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

With your permission I will re-post these knives for sale.

Cheers
    Leo

Alan Thomas
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 10

Wow, Beautiful collection. I am sure they all sold. If not message me through the forum.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Sorry mate, they are all gone long ago.

Leo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.