Advanced Search

Knife cover

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    John Herron
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 39

What I’m using when I have to be away from a project for a few mins.
    Don’t want one of My Parrots landing on a blade :woohoo:
    Jdee

Attachments:
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Very clever! I must try that. I have curious cats that are constantly around me when I am sharpening. This will be a good way to protect their little prying noses when I have to leave my work for awhile. Thanks for the tip!:)

Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Great Idea!

-Clay

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 80

Me Too! I got a sibling pair from the shelter; male/female about 7 months old. Curiosity and cats and stuff…

Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Replies: 43

I will try that also – have 2 cats but one is always nosing around when I’m sharpening and I worry about him. Great idea!

don griffith
    Participant
    • Replies: 51

OMG!
    A young child is going to come over to explore, reach for the mag and slide it off, dragging their precious tiny fingers down the hidden edge. I’m previewing the nightmares now that I’m going to have tonight. Shudder shudder shudder….

on the other hand, if kids are out of the picture, then it is a very nice, simple solution. Otherwise, a lockable room or high shelf for temp storage while you’re away might work.

John Herron
    Participant

I keep my kids in nice cages at night but they seem to always get out in the day time.
    Kids are so smart these days 😛
    Its probably more for me when I go to get the phone
    or the like :cheer:
    Jdee
    PS: I get a new camera next week and you all get to see pics of my kids
    Tupoc and Lola :cheer:
    I know you can’t wait, and a high place will not work for my kids they can fly :cheer:
    Jdee

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Indeed, I for one am looking forward to seeing your pics. Hopefully too, we will get to see more of your sharpening experiences.
    All the best
    Leo

John Herron
    Participant

My first vid has to be tupoc biting a Brazil nut in half in slow motion ,,
    if the cam works out I will post it.
    Jdee

Scott Babineaux
    Participant

should have used a cover a few minutes ago; only takes a split second. About 1 inch long just thru the skin on edge of right hand. A little pressure and super glue and it’s good to go.

John Herron
    Participant

Bummer man, That super glue is nice to have around 🙂 great on Parrot bites also.
    A little peroxide and glue :woohoo:
    Jdee

Scott Babineaux
    Participant

yea; got careless and got bit. “Barely” had enough super glue. Had to push a tooth pick in the tube and pull out a drop. Otherwise it would have been a trip to the ER. It blows my mind that doctors these days won’t even stitch up a small cut or wound. shit happens, smoke rolls.

I’ve had my WEP for about a week now and I can say it was worth the wait and the price. I’m almost done re-profiling all my sharp pointys; at least those that I can. I’ve got a Napalese Gurkha Kukri that wont fit in the vise and one or two that the geometry of the blade does not hold it well enough. I’m thinking about making a couple of kydex or maybe rubber vise covers for flat grinds. And I’ve got a recurve I haven’t done yet.

John Herron
    Participant

I had mine for just a few weeks and really like it!
    Did an Old Buck knife for a buddy and Got two nice big packs of venison the next day
    for the little bit of work. Gotta love it 😉
    I bought what I thought was a pair of Fillet Gloves but there was just one in a pack :silly:
    now I gotta order another one haha. they are really for friends that want to try the system out,
    or if I get something odd in that I keep having close calls with..
    Jdee

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.