Advanced Search

Introduction

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Introduction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JCM
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

My first post disappeared after the recent forum meltdown.  I’d like to reintroduce myself!

I recently purchased a Pro Pack 1 and have added 1200/1600 ceramic stones and 1/0.5 balsa strops.  Until the purchase of this kit, I had tried many different sharpening systems but nothing came close to offering what the Wicked Edge system has to offer.

I have spent a good part of the past couple of weeks practicing with my WE.  My initial focus has been on my many pocket knives that I’ve collected over the years.  It is so nice for me to be able to place a razor sharp edge on a pocket knife rather than taking them to our local sharpener who charges too much and doesn’t produce a consistent edge.  To put it simply, I am in heaven being able to take over sharpening my own knives!

In addition to learning how to sharpen with the WE system, I am also learning how to take better pictures of my sharpened knives.  I’ve attached a picture of one of my favorite pocket knives, sharpened to a razor’s edge:

IMG_0212

I look forward to participating on this forum for many years to come!

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Nice picture of a nice knife with a nice sharp edge, welcome JCM and welcome to the Forum

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Welcome aboard, it’s a great feeling knowing you can keep all your knives razor sharp for sure!

JCM
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

Here’s the little brother to the knife in the original post. This is my favorite knife to carry when I’m dressed business casual or formal. It’s as light as a feather and I don’t even know it’s in my pocket.

IMG_1347

Attachments:
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! Glad you like your WEPS. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! Great looking edges, by the way.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome to the forum! Those are some nice looking blades.

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Nice job JCM…both on the knife and the photo. Welcome!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    JCM
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.