Advanced Search

How many different sharpening devices do you own?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business How many different sharpening devices do you own?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

I have three WEPS rigs, a Sharpmaker, a Worksharp and about a dozen bench stones.

Tom, Which Work Sharp do you have? Do you have Ken Onion attachment with 1 inch wide belts? I am looking at it to re-profile badly damaged kitchen knives. I only do it occasionally for family and friends. Some reviewers advise 1 x 30 belt sanders, but I like Work Sharp small size. Do you think it can be used for occasional re-profile jobs? Thank you!

Topshot
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Lansky, paper wheels, plywood wheel, Kalamazoo 2×48, delta 3×36, stones, some electric sharpener with three stones, strops, steels, but finally got the WE propack 2, with extra stones, will not go back, actually love this system, but I do see a Tormak T8 in the future as a quick edge on knives I make and other tools

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Do you have the two Tormek systems set up differently? I bet that allows you to be very efficient when sharpening customer blades.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I have three WEPS rigs, a Sharpmaker, a Worksharp and about a dozen bench stones.

Tom, Which Work Sharp do you have? Do you have Ken Onion attachment with 1 inch wide belts? I am looking at it to re-profile badly damaged kitchen knives. I only do it occasionally for family and friends. Some reviewers advise 1 x 30 belt sanders, but I like Work Sharp small size. Do you think it can be used for occasional re-profile jobs? Thank you!

I have the older, narrow-belt WorkSharp and the only thing I use it for is when I need to remove a lot of metal.  The Ken Onion attachment looks really good, but I’m too cheap to lift my leg as high as the big dogs.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Me 2. A WEPS (only one ), a Sharpmaker and a couple of Benchstones.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Steven
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

Wicked Edge, Spyderco, KME, and Ken Onion Work Sharp.

Readheads
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 308

WEPS Field Pro; electric: Chef Choice diamond, Shun ceramic; HF 1×30; Messermeister white ceramic rod

1. After learning the feel and sound of max bevel contact with the diamond paddles, I can now free hand true up my kitchen knives on the Messermeister (very light strokes). I have 8 non-serrated steak knives, some of which hit the dinner plate every day but I don’t care.

2. I am currently modifying my HF 1×30 to variable speed using a free treadmill motor to handle reprofiles, thinning and polishing

I am going to start a thread on acoustic sensing.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.