Advanced Search

Here’s a 48 min video of me using the Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Here’s a 48 min video of me using the Wicked Edge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Jarve
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 12

I take a factory edge Kershaw Leek 14C28N RC 58-60 Hardness to a shaving sharpness with a perfect mirror finish at 16 degrees per side.
    Wicked Edge Sharpening Kershaw Leek to a Hair Whittling Mirror Polished Bevel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5qy0iLxcU&sns=tw

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

I take a factory edge Kershaw Leek 14C28N RC 58-60 Hardness to a shaving sharpness with a perfect mirror finish at 16 degrees per side.
    Wicked Edge Sharpening Kershaw Leek to a Hair Whittling Mirror Polished Bevel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5qy0iLxcU&sns=tw%5B/quote%5D

Hi Chris
    I just watched your magnus opus mate…an impressive piece of work with some good photography and dialogue.
    I was a bit taken aback by the vigorous method you use with the diamond paddles as opposed to the usual light sweeping strokes we see most of the time, but if it works, go for it. If you get the result you wanted then it is OK. I would suggest that perhaps you remove a little more metal than you need to, but I might be wrong.
    If you don’t mind a suggestions, if it was me I would have broken the whole down into several shorter sections…for those of us with short attention spans. If you check YouTube I think you will find that the majority of videos are more succinct
    Anyway, I found your video informative and well done. A different way to get a convex edge.

Best regards Chris and Happy New Year mate

Leo

Chris Jarve
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 12

Thanks Leo for the suggestions, I will try to implement people’s suggestions in my future vids that I plan on filming soon. I’ll try to shorten my future recordings also as this vid took 11 hours to upload.
    Ţђąŋķş & ђąvę ą Ңąƥƥƴ Ɲęw Ҷęąŗ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.