Advanced Search

Hello from St Clair Shores, Muchigan

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from St Clair Shores, Muchigan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeH
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 2

I am from St Clair Shores which is just north of Detroit. I want to buy a WEPS system but don’t know which to buy and what I need. So I am turning to the pro’s here for guidance. I own a number of folders and the normal assortment of kitchen knives.

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Hello George, there’s a WEPS to fit every need and every budget.  To help you decide consider the amount of space you will have to sharpen knives.  Will you have a dedicated area with plenty of room to have a sharpening station?  A place where your WEPS can sit out all the time, or will you need to put it up, out of the way?  Will you be limited in space and need something more compact?  Will you sharpen only at home so portability is not important or will you prefer a sharpener that’s more easily dismantled to pack up for travel?  Will you sharpen out side or maybe while camping or hunting?

All the WEPS do essentially the same thing and work the same way.  The difference is in how you will use it.  They range from very simple with only the basic necessities and basic adjustments, (the least expensive), to very complete set-ups with all the attachments,  accessories, and are more comprehensive and easily adjustable, (the more expensive).  The same abrasive sharpening stone handles are used with all the different models, from the most basic to the most elaborate so whatever you purchase to begin with, will incorporate well with any other setups if you decide to expand or upgrade your WEPS over time.

If you consider these things and maybe share with us a little more details we’ll try to help you pick what will best meet your needs.

Welcome

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I just welcomed you in your other topic and now I see your “hello”post 🙂 . Welcome!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.