Advanced Search

Hello From Northern Utah

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello From Northern Utah

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Great mirror edge. Which stones/lapping films/strops/stropping compounds did you use?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

DeeR
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

Shaner, I’m a little south of you here in Utah County (Spanish Fork).

Shaner, I’m a little south of you down here in Spanish Fork (Utah County).  Great work and beautiful photo’s.  I’ve had my WE PP2 for a couple of years now but don’t get to sharpening as often as I’d  like so I’m still trying to get to the level it looks like you are to already.  Great mirror finishes on your custom and the Harbor Freight cheapy.  I’d love to stop by your shop some Saturday afternoon and see your knives and setup.  Some beautiful work you’ve got there.  I’m also interested in Mark76 quetion about the  stone progression you used.

Shaner
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 14

Great mirror edge. Which stones/lapping films/strops/stropping compounds did you use?

Thanks Mark!

I’ve got all the diamond stones from 50 to 1500 but so far I have yet to use the 50/80 and I very seldom use the 100/200. These knives I started with the 400 until I raised a burr, and then worked up to the 1500 grit, followed by the 1.4/0.6 ceramics, then the balsa strops with the 5/3.5 pastes, and finally a couple of very light passes with the leather strops with 1/0.5 pastes.

…  I’d love to stop by your shop some Saturday afternoon and see your knives and setup. Some beautiful work you’ve got there. I’m also interested in Mark76 quetion about the stone progression you used.

Thanks Dee! You’re more than welcome to stop by and talk knives. Let me know when ya want to come up and I’ll get ya my contact info.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Shaner
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 14

Finished another Hunter knife and this morning I used the WEPS to put a mirrored edge on it that will whittle hair.

I love using this sharpener to establish an edge on a new knife.

hunter
    hunter
    hunter
    hunter
    weps
    hunter

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Nice work!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

Elegant, Gorgeous, Lovely knife. Excellent photography. I appreciate when blade has choil. Much easier to sharpen. Thank you for posting.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.