Advanced Search

Hello from Just North of Charleston SC

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Just North of Charleston SC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ReneB3
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

Had my WE Field and Sport for about 6 months.  Exceeds all my expectations.  Have a few extra stones and strops and sharpen everything in sight.  My wife had to get a special bin for next to the sink.  She kept cutting her fingers reaching in the dish pan!  I just posted my first Thing on Thingiverse.  Its a 3d printed base to store 8 or 16 stones.  Just search for Wicked Edge on Thingiverse.  I have two of the 8’s for the stones and strops.  I love this thing!

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Welcome ReneB3! I’m glad you’re enjoying the sharpener. That 3d printed base is really cool looking.

-Clay

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome and good luck,

Most folks don’t know what a sharp knife is, where I live anyway. Please warn anyone that you sharpen for that these knives don’t belong in a drawer or in the dish strainer!

I tell all the people that I sharpen for, use the knife, wipe it off and put it away, preferably in a block or something like.

Good luck and stay sharp.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Rene. Great you like your WE. I’m afraid I don’t quite understand your problem, but I do understand the solutionnow I looked on Thingiverse. Coincidentally there was someone who posted here something very similar recently and also offered it to fellow forum members.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ReneB3
    Participant

My wife learned the hard way about the dish pan.  She now has a knife size container next to the sink to put the dirty knife in.  I have even started keeping a few in stock to offer new folks with a freshly sharpened knife.  One dude even had a family meeting!

ReneB3
    Participant

I see the one made of wood.  I made one similar a month ago.  Works well but the water was staining the base when it would leak in where the peg was.  I got a 3d printer not to long ago and after a few YouTube videos was a 3D modeling master, just kidding.  Now I’m looking for anything to solve little problems and create.  Thanks for the welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.