Advanced Search

Hello from Belgium

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Belgium

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carlos A Martinez
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Hi my name is Carlos, I live in Soignies Belgium and I’m American. I’m somewhat new to knife sharpening but I enjoy having sharp knives. Until now I’ve been using a Gatco which was ok for the price. I’m excited to try out the Wicked Edge once it gets in 😉

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

Welcome Carlos. It is surprising to me that more people do not have the “itch” like we do to keep our tools sharp, not even on a basic level. People will buy a new knife to avoid learning how to sharpen, just to throw that knife in the dishwasher or into a drawer unprotected. When I try to teach people about knife care, they could care less, yet they struggle in food preparation, home projects, etc, just because they refuse to care for and sharpen their knives.

I have been an Edge Pro guy for awhile now, and I look forward to the stable platform of the Wicked Edge. The edge pro serves my needs, but not many of my wants, which the Wicked Edge will hopefully fill those gaps. I suspect it will flawlessly. I want a faster sharpener and more consistent repeatability with an easy method of getting these results. The Wicked Edge seems to deliver this. I can’t wait to receive my WEPS!

Carlos A Martinez
    Participant

Honestly I’ve only sharpened my personal knives for a short while now. I really got into it when I found a video of Clay on youtube. I was actually looking for videos of my own Gatco kit. I’m really glad I found the channel because I’ve been able to learn so much since then. I think once you learn about knives and sharpening is when you see how important it is to care for knives.

Now most people know me as a knife enthusiast or nut.

Thanks for the welcome.

Carlos

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Welcome, Carlos!

We do have another Belgian member lurking in our midst, perhaps there will be a future gathering!

Carlos A Martinez
    Participant

That is actually great to know, I hope I run into them on the boards.

Thanks for the welcome.

v/r

Carlos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.