Advanced Search

Having Some Success!

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Having Some Success!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BarmanBean
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 19

So far I’m really happy with the WEPS system.  It’s fun to use and is giving what I would consider great results as a novice and with fairly “entry level” accessories being used (normal arms, 800/1000 stones).

I’ve been sharpening mostly cruddy knives / steel, but getting into our Wusthof Classics now.  Here is a video of he 5″ (or so) utility knife.  This coming from a non-serrated knife is pretty awesome, lol.  The victim is an old squishy tomato!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Great work. And a nice video!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I’m glad you like it!

Dingle1911
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Congrats. I am new to this and getting some success.

I was not happy with the first knife I sharpened and I was worried that I had wasted money. I think the stones needed to break in and I needed to learn not to press down.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Congrats and nice video!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Hang with it! Those stones will get better and better with use. I’ve done about 120 knives now with my stones and they are still improving! I also like to think that I have improved as well, but I think a lot of it is the stones improvement.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I’ve done about 120 knives now with my stones and they are still improving! I also like to think that I have improved as well, but I think a lot of it is the stones improvement.

Both, I’m sure…. Every knife we sharpen is another opportunity to practice and study our technique, to observe the cause and affect or cause and results and put changes ino practice.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.