Advanced Search

Greetings from Curacao

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Greetings from Curacao

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joncky
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi guys,

Just got my first Wicked Edge system today! Early birthday gift from my girlfriend.
    I’ve been into knives for the last 3-4 years and have a a couple of different brands.
    Came across wicked edge on youtube and fell in love with the system.

It looks a little intimidating at first but I hope to get very well acquainted with the system and better acquainted with my knives.
    I see that there is a thriving community of knife lovers here and hope to learn a lot from all of you!

Kind regards,

Joncky

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Hello Joncky, and welcome. Don’t be intimidated by your system. It will take a little time to get comfortable but I predict that by the time your stones break in you will feel quite a bit more comfortable with it. Take your time when you start, don’t hurry things, arrange your tools so you don’t have to reach across the knife when clamped for safety, some of us have learned this the hard way. LOL Good luck. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you have any questions. A lot of good people here anxious to help you.

I need to add don’t sharpen your best knives at first, find some old inexpensive knives to do first to let the stones break in and acclimate yourself to the sharpener as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Hello Joncky,  this is great practical advice from a fellow regular Forum participant with lots of good experience to share:

Take your time when you start, don’t hurry things, arrange your tools so you don’t have to reach across the knife when clamped for safety, some of us have learned this the hard way.  I need to add don’t sharpen your best knives at first, find some old inexpensive knives to do first to let the stones break in and acclimate yourself to the sharpener as well.

It may take 8 or 10 knife sharpenings to get your stones broken in, till you see truly remarkable results.
    There is a bit of a learning curve till you get it down and really understand how to use your WEPS.  Read, read, read on this Forum.  Everyone of us started where you are now!  You’ll likely find answers to all your questions.  Feel free to ask any questions.  Don’t ever feel you’re bothering us.  We never get tired answering the same question asked for the forth time by a new users.  It always gives someone else the chance to share there experiences.

Tell us what WEPS you got and what you’ll be sharpening

Welcome Joncky

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Joncky! Congratulations… with your birthday and your WEPS! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

And you live on a beautiful island with great weather. I visited it a couple of times to visit my in-laws and I had a great time there. I did not only love the “usual suspects” like the beaches or the center of Willemstad, but Banda Abou too. And every time I visited Curacao I climbed Christoffel Mountain in a running race with some locals. I won a few times 🙂 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.