Advanced Search

Gen 3 Arm rest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    378pete
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 19

At the 2016 blade show. The gen 3 demo had a plastic sheet attach to the back. Which prevented the rod from falling down. Can anyone help me with any information locating this part or measurements?

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I unfortunately cannot. I wasn’t at the Blade show and I haven’t seen pics of the arm rest on this forum. Maybe Clay can help you if he reads this.

I do know there have been people who have made an arm rest (or at least a rest for their paddles) and shown pictures of it here in the past. So maybe if anyone who has done so reads this, they can show their work.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

At the 2016 blade show. The gen 3 demo had a plastic sheet attach to the back. Which prevented the rod from falling down. Can anyone help me with any information locating this part or measurements?

Hi Pete,

We don’t list parts like that on the site but can take care of you if you’ll call in 877-616-9911 or shoot an email to Kyle: kyle@wickededgeusa.com.

-Clay

2 users thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I use a strip of 1/2″ X 1/2″ foam insulation to lay the rods/blocks on.  Closed cell foam is better, because it doesn’t compress as easily.  Here’s a photo of my rig:

https://tcmeyer.smugmug.com/Wicked-Edge-Related-Stuff/Wicked-Edge-Related-Stuff/i-tntgKMQ

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Thanks Tom! That as one of the paddle/block/rod rests if was referring to. Can you tell us what the advantage is over simply laying your paddles on the base, other than that it’s a bit softer?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

The big advantage is that you can drop your blocks without the noise and impact you’d get if you dropped or set them down heavily onto a hard surface.  BIG improvement.  I suppose there’s also a chance of damaging the diamonds that is eliminated.  With film, this would be even more important.

Howie911
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 10

I’m not sure if what you are looking for is already part of the Gen 3. If you look at an enlarged picture of the Gen 3 there is a clear plastic (Lexan?) sheet with a soft strip on top that the arms are resting on. I have a Gen 3 and this piece is included on mine. Don’t remember what thread it was but a while back there was a picture of this piece that someone had laser etched the Wicked Edge Logo on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.