Advanced Search

Emerson combat Karambit

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Emerson combat Karambit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

i have a fellow bringing me one tomorrow at farmers market…….said tip is messed up and wants to know if i can sharpen.

anyone sharpened one of these on WE

thanks

Attachments:
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Nope. but if I were to attempt that knife it would be with the very edge of the stone. Time consuming and very technical. A real challenge. As far as the tip goes you can reform that with your stones by hand before you attempt to sharpen. Good Luck.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I think that one will be tough. Since it’s an Emmerson, it is probably expensive as well. I think your belt grinder system might be a better way to go for a blade of that shape.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’ve sharpened a lot of karambits with various Wicked Edge systems and they always come out great. I align the blade so that the imaginary line between  heal and the tip is horizontal. You’ll end up with slightly lower angles in those places, which should be a good thing when working to correct that broken tip. It looks like the blade is coated, so you’ll want to tape it to prevent scratching.

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.