Advanced Search

Discussion: Vise/jig for extreme angle adjustment

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Discussion: Vise/jig for extreme angle adjustment

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

So here are my thoughts… let me know if you have any questions or ideas. Now we just need someone w/ a machine shop to make it… Eric? where are you buddy?! lol

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Josh, can you draw me a map in crayon? I’ve found your BF post about the pass around that seems awesome. What is it you’re needing a machine shop for? I must have missed it in skimming the replies to the original post.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

Josh, can you draw me a map in crayon? I’ve found your BF post about the pass around that seems awesome. What is it you’re needing a machine shop for? I must have missed it in skimming the replies to the original post.

ok wow…. I somehow copied and pasted the wrong thing lol. I updated the OP w/ the correct video hehe

also, here is some discussion on bladeforums in case anyone is interested.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Okay, thanks! We’ve been working on something somewhat like that all year though not as full featured as what you’re describing.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see what you have in the works

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

So here are my thoughts… let me know if you have any questions or ideas. Now we just need someone w/ a machine shop to make it… Eric? where are you buddy?! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvhCMCTcoA%5B/quote%5D

Love it. First thing I would need to to is make me a rest like that for my TW90. I always liked the rest on the TAG better.

Right now I am working on replacing the ball screw bearings and overhauling my new used CNC Metal mill I just picked up at a steal!

90V DC servo control with dual snap amps and 2 HP head. It was all tweaked out by my friend who converted it to CNC from Manual.

Now I just need a big lathe and surface grinder and I will have a full machine shop..Lathe is next..lol.

It will be interesting to see what Clay has in the works. I like your idea though. Makes a lot of sense!

Also have something to 3D print for proof of concept for something you guys will like I think..
    So I can not take on any more projects at the moment..but..I will need a few things to cut to test this guy out when it is rebuilt!

Josh
    Participant

Love it. First thing I would need to to is make me a rest like that for my TW90. I always liked the rest on the TAG better.

Right now I am working on replacing the ball screw bearings and overhauling my new used CNC Metal mill I just picked up at a steal!

90V DC servo control with dual snap amps and 2 HP head. It was all tweaked out by my friend who converted it to CNC from Manual.

Now I just need a big lathe and surface grinder and I will have a full machine shop..Lathe is next..lol.

It will be interesting to see what Clay has in the works. I like your idea though. Makes a lot of sense!

Also have something to 3D print for proof of concept for something you guys will like I think..
    So I can not take on any more projects at the moment..but..I will need a few things to cut to test this guy out when it is rebuilt!

Awesome man!! I just picked up a surface grinder, about 30 years old but well taken care of and recently had the spindle bearings replaced, for about $300 from craigsllist! Works great. Now I just have to convert to run on 2×72 belts for knife work.

Ok I move that Wicked Edge hire you foll time for R&D! LOL

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Making Progress!

Holy Cats that table is heavy!! No way I should have removed it myself with the help of my wife!

With all my experience I have learned here I made short work of removing the little gouges I made in the ways by the Ball screw when I suddenly experienced the full weight of the table. Thank God I did not bend the Ball Screw! I got to use the TW 90 to grind out more relief on the main Gib so it can be tightened up all the way and still have the opposite screw engaged to keep it from going at an angle. Picked up some of the correct hardware and now all I need to do is tackle the Head…Then wire it back up. This is what it looked like yesterday..

All back together today..now to dig into the spindle head and ways..

Attachments:
    Josh
    Participant

Better you than me man!! I would be LOST doing that haha

Chris Evenstad
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

I realize that this thread is a little dated. Just wanted to check-in to see if anyone has devised a way to incorporate this suggestion.

It may be a solution to alleviate or assist in the difficulties associated with anchoring knives that incorporate a full bevel. This would be an accessory option that I would certainly be interested in… or something similar.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

The thread may be dated, I’m also curious if anything has come out of these ideas…

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster

The thread may be dated, I’m also curious if anything has come out of these ideas…

We’re still working on our concept. There has been a ton going on lately in terms of development, so we haven’t made a lot of progress on that front yet, but the concept is pretty solid.

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.