Advanced Search

Clamps gen2 and gen3

Recent Forums Main Forum Clamps gen2 and gen3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Woody
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 7

Why are the alignment holes on the gen 3 clamps so different they are almost useless in the gen 2 clamps the top holes are 3/8 away from the edge and has a set of holes to match on the back side which I like but so many issues with full flat grinds and such I spent another 200 bucks on the gen3 clamp but the top holes are only 1/8 away from the edge and has oblong holes on the opposite side. The top holes seem pointless to me every time I try to clamp a knife using the top set of holes the knife snaps out and this has caused the inside of the clamps to be damaged and no longer flat I’m beyond frustrated with the system and wish I had purchased a different system. Has anyone else had this issue or successfully used the top set of holes for anything and why the oblong slots on the back side how can that give me consistency???

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’ve had the same complaint – about the oblong (slotted) holes on the opposite jaw.  But I haven’t had any problems related to the distance from the holes to the top edge of the jaws.  I adapted by holding the key down with my thumb while holding the blade flat onto the pins with my fingers.  In fact, the pins will work just fine even if they’re tipped down on the right side.  Just as long as they’re relatively parallel.

When I’ve mentioned this issue ( a bit annoying to me ), Clay has indicated that he’s aware of the issue, but I haven’t pressed him for resolution.  My new Gen 3 Pro has the fix.  No slots.  With my thumb trick working so well, I’m happy.

If you still have a problem clamping with the slotted holes, give WE a call.  They’ll bend over backwards trying to fix your problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.