Advanced Search

Brad Southard Flipper

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Specific Discussion Spyderco Brad Southard Flipper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adrian King
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 19

My 5th knife put through the WE. I did have some problems with the angles on this one but got there in the end.
    I also put alot more time into the coarse ceramic in an attempt to remove all the 1k diamond scratches but didn’t quite get there, think I’m going to invest in the 12k/16k ceramics to bridge this gap. I’m still very pleased with the results though.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Lookin good, thanks for the update.

What did you use after the ceramics? Looks great.

Adrian King
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 19

I have the pro pack II and nothing extra so far. from the 1k diamond it was coarse / fine ceramic then 1.0 / 0.5 paste on leather strops.

I’m wondering if I should change the order due to the Micron size? Is this be what I should be doing?

Coarse ceramic 1.4 micron
    Strop 1.0 micron
    Fine Ceramic 0.6 micron
    Strop 0.5 micron

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

In general it’s better to come from all ceramics to all leather… although “following the grit size”, your way seems logical, abrasive on leather seems to polish better and at a finer level than it’s rating. Also leather contacts the edge a little different, so switching back and forth may affect it.

All that being said, if you’re getting great results… there’s no “rules”… if it’s working stick with it. Experiment a bit and see if you can tell a difference… one of the fun reasons of sharpening your own knives.

Thanks!

Benoît Membré
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 22

Well done! This edge looks very good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.