Advanced Search

Advanced alignment guide

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Advanced alignment guide

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Readheads
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 308

Here is the knife I sharpened (12 inch blade).  It was one of my first ones done on WEPS (it was not clamped near the tip).  I like your string approach.

20160220_111225

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Edwe
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 11

Any news about the alignment guide?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Any news about the alignment guide?

We’re still working on the details, but it’s coming along.

-Clay

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Oh yeah… the Alignment Guide… 🙂

Spekaing of that, I was wondering if anyone would find it useful to have the 5/8″ marks (what the W.E. is calibrated at) added…

image-2

Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Oh, that’s a good idea Curtis. Brilliant, thanks!

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Answer: yes. I think it’s been picked up already 🙂 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Bill Kirkley
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 97

It looks like a great way to reproduce a given knife’s position in the clamp for resharpening.

I have not read the entire thread. Did anyone discuss the need to address blade rotation in the vise?  I know this has been covered in other posts but a new user should be made aware of this and know how to correct for rotation using the angle cube

digitedawg
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Hello all.  Newbie here.  Thanks and much appreciation to all contributing to this thread.   I have learned a lot lurking here.  I have been bedeviled by the issue driving this thread. I got my Gen 3 about a month and a half ago and thought I would never have another bad night’s sleep.  I’m sure most on the forum would agree that factory edges are rarely sharp at least by our definitions or have anywhere close to perfectly matched bevels. But… How do the makers achieve the uniformity that they DO get?  (I know, they aren’t all that uniform – bevels are not uniform each side of the edge and such.)  However I don’t generally see the makers delivering knives with the particular artifact we are talking about here – of bezels falling out of zero degree angle uniformity from heel to tip, broadening the bezel toward the tip, as has been my issue.  Given the huge amount of time, effort and money that we are spending on theory and gear here, and not to denigrate the WE or the art of sharpening,  besides the fact that no-one else has come as close as Clay to solving the problem, but I’m feeling stuck on this one issue – I am wondering how the makers deliver as uniform a bevel, (end-to-end, not side to side), as they do and how we could pick it up from there?

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Welcome to the forum man!  Im not sure if your question is this simple to answer but this may help to think about when trying to get a uniform secondary bevel thickness along the length of the blade.

Finding the Sweet Spot – Positioning Your Knife from Front to Back

I’ve had more than a few that widened out considerably at the tip, especially kbar type knives with thick points before really paying attention to critical positioning.  Honestly Im not sure it can be avoided and a totally even width bevel from heel to tip achieved, especially also on ones with a huge curve up at the tip.

M1rrorEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 222

I would watch this video.  It doesn’t get any better than this (From the Maker of the WickedEdge- Clay ).  The document above is perfect too.

Eddie Kinlen
    M1rror Edge Sharpening Service, LLC
    +1(682)777-1622

Viewing 10 posts - 181 through 190 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.