Advanced Search

150 Knives for $180 comments?

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies 150 Knives for $180 comments?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NotVerySharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 56

Has anyone bought these knives from Cutlery corner, they advertise knives 24/7 on satellite.  I was looking for like 100 knives in a box to practice sharpening, and anyone care to comment on what type of metal these are probably made out of?   Any place to find knives cheaper?

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

They’re probably all made of a similar soft steel at that price point. To get real experience sharpening I think you’d want to try sharpening as many different kinds of knives of different shapes and made of different types of steel. Maybe volunteer to sharpen your family, friends and neighbor’s knives, gratis. You won’t waste your money, you’ll make someone happy and you should get honest feedback.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yeah, probably. Sharpening 100 knives of the same soft steel is not fun.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

when i first started i shopped thrift stores……..back then they were like .50 to .75 each……..gone up somewhat around here now.

i have plenty if u need some

2 users thanked author for this post.
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

I volunteered to do the knives for a local church kitchen.  They had drawers full of an assortment of super dull items.  They were super grateful and it goes to a good cause. 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NotVerySharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 56

I’ve found a few locally Tuffy, but thank you for the offer!  Just the offer put a smile on my face. It’s nice to run across such friendly people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.